The 9th Annual “Emergency of Hunger” Food Drive kicked off this past weekend with Manchester Area Conference of Churches and Hockanum Valley Community Council getting an early start. Goods were collected at Manchester, Vernon and Rockville Stop & Shops. Thus far, a total of 7,474 food items, 257 turkeys and over $5700 has been donated by community members. This weekend, South Windsor Food and Fuel Bank joins the effort with help from South Windsor Police, Fire, and Rotary Club Members.
The drive is to continue on Nov. 18th and 19th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at:
- Manchester Stop & Shop on Broad Street
- Stop & Shop in Vernon, 10 Pitkin Road
- Stop & Shop in the Rockville section of Vernon, 50 Windsorville Road
- Stop & Shop in South Windsor, 1739 Ellington Road
- Geissler’s in South Windsor, 965 Sullivan Ave.
A special thanks to all of the participants who braved the cold this past Saturday and Sunday!