On Friday April 17th, 2020, Ambulance Service of Manchester attended a hospital recognition parade to demonstrate appreciation for employees of Windham Hospital. Several local first responder agencies displayed their support for hospital staff members working day and night on the front lines of the pandemic.
MANCHESTER – In late September Ambulance Service of Manchester received a letter of praise for Paramedic Kenya Russell and her EMT partner Robert Grzywinski from a patient they transported during an inter-facility transfer.
The letter reads:
“I would like to take this opportunity to let you know the two people who transported me from Windham Hospital to Hartford Hospital on [Date in August] were wonderful to me.
Although I was nervous and upset, they helped to calm me, and put me at ease.
If I remember, the lady’s name was Kenya. She asked me what kind of music I wanted to hear. I said off the top of my head Vienna Waltzes and low and behold she played a [song] which made me smile.
Those two people are certainly in the right line of work. I will never forget their kindness.”
“I am an employee at Windham Hospital, and I have worked here for 11 years. Over this past weekend we had an emergent transfer from our Emergency Department to Hartford Hospital’s ED. The patient had a severe head injury, and your team was very quick to respond. This is not where my praise ends. The reason of my note is to thank and bring to attention to one of your medics.
“This medic was as always professional and easy to work with. What I want to point out is that the Medic took time out to speak to the patient’s parents (with consent). It wasn’t just a, “Hey, I’ll meet you in Hartford”. What he did was explain to the parents that the patient was stable and that he (the medic) [could continue to] keep him stable. Not only did he reassure the parents…he also emphasized the need for them to try to stay calm, drive safely, because the roads were less than favorable. This Medic’s name is Mike Levasseur. I would just like to extend my thanks, and observance of his nature to go above and beyond. I am proud to be associated with such upstanding EMS professionals.”
-JM, Windham Hospital staff.
EMS Week 2012
Sunday, May 20th
- 0700: Hartford Hospital EMS Room: Fresh fruit available.
- 1100-1400: Windham Hospital EMS, Open House and BBQ.
- 1200-1600: First Responders Appreciation Picnic and Media Day, West Hartford Town Hall, 50 South Main Street, West Hartford.
- 1500: Hartford Hospital EMS Room: Fresh fruit available.
- 2300: Hartford Hospital EMS Room: Fresh fruit available.
- 0800: Morning Coffee and Breakfast Treats at Manchester Memorial and Rockville General Hospital EMS Rooms.
- 0800-1400: Hartford Hospital (Conklin Building) 3rd Annual STEMI Conference, Lunch to be served.
- 1000: CT EMS Council Awards Ceremony, Legislative Office Building Room 1D, space is limited.
- 1730: Late Afternoon Snack at Manchester Memorial and Rockville General Hospital EMS Rooms. Continue reading