Emergency response agency and food pantry representatives gathered Wednesday at The Ambulance Service of Manchester to kick off the Emergency of Hunger Food Drive.
by Jesse Leavenworth
MANCHESTER – A regional food drive that benefits area pantries and homeless shelters is set to begin Saturday.
This will be the eighth year of the Emergency of Hunger drive, which has collected and distributed food and other donations in Manchester, Vernon, South Windsor and Windsor. Organizers and volunteers include firefighters, police officers, ambulance personnel, hospital staff and Rotary Club members from the area.
To date, the team has collected 210,000 food and personal care items, 6,000 turkeys and hams and about $143,000 in cash, checks and gift cards, organizer Sean Norton of Ambulance Service of Manchester said.
Read the full article here…
Following are locations and dates for collections at the participating Stop & Shop Supermarkets:
- Manchester – 286 Broad Street., November 12, 13, 19 and 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rockville – 50 Windsorville Road., November 12, 13 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Vernon – 10 Pitkin Road., November 12, 13 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- South Windsor – 1739 Ellington Road., November 19, 20 from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Windsor – 1095 Kennedy Road., November 12, 13 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.