MANCHESTER – As of September 9, 2016, ASM’s Michael Karanda has been cleared by Eastern Connecticut Health Network medical control for independent dispatch as a paramedic to the towns that ASM serves. His preceptors were Paramedic Supervisor Melissa Osborne and Paramedic Joshua Traber.
Michael started at ASM in February of 2016 and graduated from the Capital Community College Paramedic program. He started off in the medical field in 2011 after receiving his EMTB Certification. He has been a member of Glastonbury Volunteer Fire Department since 2008.
As with all precepting phases at ASM, Michael’s final approval came from Eastern Connecticut Health Network after shadowing him and his preceptors in the field as they responded to emergency calls.
On behalf of the ASM Family, we would like to wish Michael the best of luck and say we are very proud to have such skilled professionals on staff.
MANCHESTER – In late September Ambulance Service of Manchester received a letter of praise for Paramedic Kenya Russell and her EMT partner Robert Grzywinski from a patient they transported during an inter-facility transfer.
The letter reads:
“I would like to take this opportunity to let you know the two people who transported me from Windham Hospital to Hartford Hospital on [Date in August] were wonderful to me.
Although I was nervous and upset, they helped to calm me, and put me at ease.
If I remember, the lady’s name was Kenya. She asked me what kind of music I wanted to hear. I said off the top of my head Vienna Waltzes and low and behold she played a [song] which made me smile.
Those two people are certainly in the right line of work. I will never forget their kindness.”
MANCHESTER — On September 17, 2016 a team made up of Ambulance Service of Manchester employees played in a charity softball tournament against teams from Manchester Police Department and Manchester Fire Rescue EMS to benefit the Manchester Police Benevolent Association.
SOUTH WINDSOR — On September 9-12, 2016 crews from the Ambulance Service of Manchester were on hand at the Wapping Fair in South Windsor. The event is organized by the South Windsor Jaycees Foundation and is billed as an exciting combination of fun, unique entertainment and lots of family friendly hands on attractions, two of which were sponsored by ASM.
ASM performed a medical standby alongside South Windsor Fire Department partners. The standby served a dual purpose as the children were able to take tours of the ambulance and fire apparatus. Photos courtesy of Sean Norton, Mandi-Lynn Guertin.
MANCHESTER and HARTFORD — Aetna Ambulance and ASM send Patient and Customer Satisfaction Surveys to a random sampling of patients who have received emergency or STAT inter-facility services from our companies.
The final part of the survey asks that the respondent, “Please use a word or phrase to describe us and/or the ambulance crew.”
Some of the most recent answers and responses provided in the survey responses include the following quotes:
- Professional. Thank you.
- Skilled, compassionate, quick.
- [Crew] were polite and professional. Set me at ease and kept me informed. (16-47073; J. Traber, M. Uddin).
- Very good.
- Staff was extremely professional, showed empathy and helped calm everyone involved. (16-50087; E. Burgess, K. Twohig with Manchester Fire Rescue EMS).
- K and her partner were excellent, they were great at taking professional care of me. (16-53556; K. Russell, R. Jones).
- Excellent – pleasant yet professional.
- Life savers.
- The ambulance crew were very kind and professional.
- The person who rode with me was great – definitely put me at ease. (16-53409; R. Bilodeau).
- Courteous + compassionate.
- The ambulance crew were very caring and allayed my mother’s fears about the pain upon moving her. (16-25719; M. Pacheco, K. Durand).
- Professional x 3.
- Attentive Compassionate Friendly.
- Excellent, capable, and compassionate.
- They were terrific.
- Very well trained + friendly – Great Job.
- Very professional.
- Impressive, well done.
- M was friendly, concerned and informed. I would like you to acknowledge M. for his good service. I would have never been able to get to hospital. I had blacked out when I hit my head and was in shock. M was excellent. (16-57541; M. Campbell).
- Courteous, professional, friendly. Your staff helped ease my fears during an incredibly stressful event. I am grateful! (16-59663; J. Craig, A. Hernandez with East Hartford Fire Department).
- Good people.