MANCHESTER — Additions and renovations to the Ambulance Service of Manchester’s main headquarters, known to employees as “10-1,” continue. As of this writing:
- Primer and in some cases paint has been applied to the main rooms.
- Heavy doors have been hung in some of the offices and pass through areas.
- The new main restrooms have been tiled.
- Drop ceiling has been hung in all the new spaces.
- Data wiring has been run and the secure space for computer servers has been prepared.
- Windows and doorways have been boxed and framed with trim added.
- Baseboard heating, thermostats and other HVAC equipment has been installed.
The next steps are to complete the drop ceiling by adding tiles, complete power control installation, touch up the paint, add flooring and add fixtures to the bathrooms. When completed, the renovated space will include additional training and simulation areas, a relocated locker area, new offices, a medical supply staging area, and two new restrooms although the plans remain fluid.
The addition and renovation are part of ASM’s continued commitment and investment in the towns it serves.